Dear OCEANS '07 Vancouver Author,
On behalf of the Local Technical Committee, we would like to extend our thanks to you for your participation in our technical program. We believe we have a strong and vital program planned, with over 300 papers covering a wide range of timely and important ocean engineering topics. Your technical contributions are the key to making this conference a memorable one. If you have not already heard from your session chair, you should shortly. Your session chair will ask you for a brief c.v. or bio to help with his/her introductions, so please try to provide that when asked. Also, if you have not already done so, you can check for details of your session, including timing, chairs, etc., on the conference web site at http://www.oceans07mtsieeevancouver.org/techprogram.cfm
As a presenter, we ask that you follow closely the instructions below:
- Presentations will be limited to 15 minutes with 2-3 minutes for questions. This represents a small departure from the CFP, but is required due to the large number of 5 paper sessions in our program. The session chairs have been asked to give each speaker a two-minute warning before the scheduled end of the talk.
- We ask that the presentations run on schedule since many attendees move among sessions to hear specific papers. This means there is only a short 3-minute (max) transition between speakers, so please be prepared for your time slot. If fewer than four papers are presented in a session, the chair will have the latitude to continue discussion after the last presentation.
- You are strongly urged to attend the Speaker Breakfast which will be available from 6:30 to 8:00 am in "Ballroom A" on the morning of your presentation. Look for a table with the placard having your session title. Here you will meet the session co-chairs and the other authors in your session and receive any last minute information.
- A Speaker Centre will be available in Meeting Room 6. The hours are the following:
|Sunday, September 30
Monday, October 1
Tuesday, October 2
Wednesday, October 3
Thursday, October 4
||3:00 pm - 6:00 pm|
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- All presentations must be in PowerPoint format. We would appreciate you submitting your presentation in advance of the conference. Send your presentation to Oliver Knaus at AVWTelav via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ensure your presentation title, name and presentation date/time are included in your email. The subject line of your email should be: OCEANS 2007 with (Name of Presenter).
- If you do not submit your presentation prior to the conference starting. We ask that you submit your presentation so it can be loaded onto the laptop computer provided by the Conference (see below) to the Speaker Centre at least 3 hrs. prior to your session. If this is not possible, plan to arrive at your session room 30 minutes before the session starts to load your presentation.
- Please keep the needs of your viewers in mind: use large fonts (greater than 28 pts), contrasting backgrounds, tasteful colors, and be crisp in your presentation.
- It is important to rehearse your presentation prior to the conference to practice your timing. The quality of your presentation will be very important to determining the overall quality of the session.
In order to promote the smooth transition from one presentation to the next, the conference will provide a laptop computer in each session room. Each room will have an electronic projector and screen, and a computer with the following configuration:
- 1024x768 or better graphics
- Standard 15-pin video connector
- CDRW/DVD drive
- USB 2.0 port (downward compatible) for flash drives
- Wireless mouse
- Windows XP, SP2
- MS Office 2003 (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- MS Internet Explorer 6
- Adobe Acrobat 7.0
- QuickTime 6.5
- Macromedia Flash Player 7
- Symantec (Norton) AntiVirus or McAfee VirusScan with current virus definitions
If you need anything else for your presentation, please let your Session Chair or one of the Technical Program Co-chairs know as soon as possible so we can try to accommodate your requirements.
If you have any questions prior to the conference please do not hesitate to contact your Session Chair or the Technical Program Chair. We will make every effort to provide what you need to have a successful conference. Thank you again for your contribution to our technical program.
OCEANS '07 MTS/IEEE - Vancouver
Technical Program Chair